About Acuity Brands, Inc.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Acuity Brands provides world-class lighting solutions for indoor and outdoor applications. The company’s state-of-the-art lighting solutions span from advanced solid-state technology to conventional fixtures. With more than a century of tradition, net sales in excess of $1.9 billion, and over 6,000 employees worldwide, Acuity Brands is a true leader within the North American lighting industry.
Holophane: Leaders in Lighting for over 110 Years
Holophane, hailing from Granville, Ohio, is an Acuity Brands company that provides lighting systems for commercial, industrial, emergency, and outdoor markets.
The Holophane Advantage
Holophane lighting systems are built to last, with precision, a long life, and top-notch performance in mind. Premium components provide superior energy savings, and deliver lower operating and maintenance costs. Holophane gives you the tools you need to do the job right the first time.
A Century of Growth
Holophane has a rich American history, with over 110 years of operation under its belt.
The early 1900s were known as the “Progressive Era,” but the public wasn’t all that open-minded about artificial light yet. Luckily, Holophane was up for the challenge. Representatives worked diligently to educate trade, commercial, and professional groups about the benefits of artificial lighting.
Fast-forward to World War II, when Holophane continued to serve our nation. Special reps trekked to Washington to help the Army and Navy tackle the unique lighting problems of the war. (Did you know that this era would later become known as the first “engineer’s war?”)
Ongoing innovation, product development, and a strong dedication to the lighting industry has earned Holophane leader status. Today, the borosilicate glass reflector/refractor is Holophane’s claim to fame. The glass prisms of this technology create “uplight” and “downlight.” The end-result is uniform lighting without a glare or dark spots.
Learn more about Holophane and other Acuity Brands within the Graybar ESP site. Join the conversation with Holophane on Facebook.
Holophane Phuzion Luminaire
The Phuzion luminaire stands up to tough environments with top-notch luminosity, versatility, uniformity, and reliability. The Holophane Phuzion luminaire is suitable anywhere an HID or fluorescent high bay fixture is currently installed. Applications include heavy industrial, manufacturing, warehousing, and large indoor spaces.
Benefits of Phuzion Luminaire:
- Withstands tough environments:
- A robust cast aluminum housing (0.6% CU content) holds up in hot and dirty environments
- CSA certified for use in damp locations (65°C ambient environments)
- Glass doesn’t fade, discolor, or degrade in harsh environments
- Top-notch luminosity: prismatic borosilicate glass maintains highest levels of brightness over time
- Superior uniformity & maximized spacing: highly-engineered LED system
- Reliability: continues to provide light even if one LED fails, with fault-tolerant LED light engine
- Maximum versatility: three distributions (narrow, medium, and wide) available
Features & Technical Specs:
- IP65 rated optics
- CRI > 70 (nominal) is standard
- 3000K, 4000K, or 5000K CCT available
- Aluminum core printed circuit board
- DesignLights Consortium qualified
- Achieves up to 149°F (65°C) ambient rating
- Pendant mount standard
- 0-10V dimming driver is standard (must specify the D option to enable dimming)
- 5-year limited warranty
About The Author
Todd Reed, National Market Manager
Husband to a professionally-licensed architectural engineer and lighting designer, and son-in-law to an electrician, Todd knows the importance of efficiency, safety, and productivity for electrical contractors. Todd is a seasoned professional, with 5 years’ experience within a family-owned distribution business, and 10 years as a Graybar employee. As National Market Manager at Graybar, Todd’s goal is to find the best products and solutions to help contractors work more efficiently, stay safe on the job, and win more productive and profitable business.